Pedigree : how elite students get elite jobs
Americans are taught to believe that upward mobility is possible for anyone who is willing to work hard, regardless of their social status, yet it is often those from affluent backgrounds who land the best jobs. Pedigree takes readers behind the closed doors of top-tier investment banks, consulting...
Princeton, N.J. ; Woodstock
Princeton University Press
Sozialwissenschaften / Soziologie / Sozialstruktur, Soziales Leben, Bevölkerung, Sozialanthropologie
Social Sciences / Sociology / Social Structures, Social Interaction, Population, Social Anthropology
|Collection:||DeGruyter MPG Collection - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- Entering the elite
- The playing field
- The pitch
- The paper
- Setting the stage for interviews
- Beginning the interview: finding a fit
- Continuing the interview: the candidate's story
- Concluding the interview: the final acts
- Talking it out: deliberating merit
- Social reconstruction
- Appendix A. Who Is elite?
- Appendix B. Methodological details
- Appendix C. List of interviews.