Parliament of Ireland

The Parliament of Ireland () was the legislature of the Lordship of Ireland, and later the Kingdom of Ireland, from 1297 until the end of 1800. It was modelled on the Parliament of England and from 1537 comprised two chambers: the House of Commons and the House of Lords. The Lords were members of the Irish peerage ('lords temporal') and bishops ('lords spiritual'; after the Reformation, Church of Ireland bishops). The Commons was directly elected, albeit on a very restricted franchise. Parliaments met at various places in Leinster and Munster, but latterly always in Dublin: in Christ Church Cathedral (15th century), Dublin Castle (to 1649), Chichester House (1661–1727), the Blue Coat School (1729–31), and finally a purpose-built Parliament House on College Green.

The main purpose of parliament was to approve taxes that were then levied by and for the Dublin Castle administration. Those who would pay the bulk of taxation, namely the clergy, merchants, and landowners, also comprised the members. Only the "English of Ireland" were represented until the first Gaelic lords were summoned during the 16th-century Tudor reconquest. Under Poynings' Law of 1495, all Acts of Parliament had to be pre-approved by the Irish Privy Council and English Privy Council. Parliament supported the Irish Reformation and Catholics were excluded from membership and voting in penal times. The Constitution of 1782 amended Poynings' Law to allow the Irish Parliament to initiate legislation. Catholics were re-enfranchised under the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1793.

The Acts of Union 1800 merged the Kingdom of Ireland and Kingdom of Great Britain into the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. The parliament was merged with that of Great Britain; the united Parliament was in effect the British parliament at Westminster enlarged with a subset of the Irish Lords and Commons. Provided by Wikipedia

61
Published 1765
printed by Abraham Bradley, stationer to the King's Most Excellent Majesty, and printer to the Honourable House of Commons, at the King's-Arms and Two Bibles in Dame-Street
...Ireland Parliament...

62
Published 1759
printed by Abraham Bradley, stationer to the King's most excellent Majesty, and printer to the Honorable House of Commons, at the King's-Arms and Two Bibles in Dame-Street
...Ireland Parliament...

63
Published 1713
printed by Andrew Crooke, Printer to the Queen's Most Majesty, in Copper-Alley
...Ireland Parliament...

65
Published 1800
...Ireland Parliament...

68
by Castlereagh, Robert Stewart
Published 1800
printed by J. Rea, 57, Exchequer-Street: and to be had of all the booksellers
...Ireland Parliament...

70
by Oriel, John Foster
Published 1800
Dublin, printed: London, reprinted for J. Debrett, by A. Wilson
...Ireland Parliament...

71
Published 1800
printed by J. Milliken, 32, and J. Rice, 111, Grafton-Street
...Ireland Parliament...

72
Published 1800
printed by J. Milliken, 32, and J. Rice, III, Grafton-Street
...Ireland Parliament...

73
Published 1792
printed by H. Fitzpatrick, for T. M'donnell; P. Byrne; and J. Moore
...Ireland Parliament...

75
by Forster, John
Published 1711
printed by Francis Dickson at the Union on Cork-Hill
...Ireland Parliament...

77
by Clare, John Fitzgibbon
Published 1798
Dublin: printed for John Miliken [sic]: London: reprinted for J. Wright
...Ireland Parliament...

79
by Clare, John Fitzgibbon
Published 1798
sold by Messrs. Fletcher and Co. and J. Cooke; by F. and C. Rivington, St. Paul's Church Yard; and J. Hatchard, Piccadilly, London
...Ireland Parliament...