Coastal Louisiana risk assessment model : technical description and 2012 coastal master plan analysis results
"Motivated by the devastating effects of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005 and Gustav and Ike in 2008, planners and policymakers in the State of Louisiana have updated the state's Comprehensive Master Plan for a Sustainable Coast (the "Master Plan"). The resulting Master Plan p...
Santa Monica, Calif.
|Collection:||JSTOR Open Access Books - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- Overview of CLARA
- Measuring hurricane hazard and flood recurrence
- Calculating surge and wave overtopping
- Estimating protection system fragility
- Calculating interior drainage in protected areas
- Assessing economic value, growth, and flood damage
- Uncertainty in CLARA
- Supporting master plan development with CLARA
- Results from the final master plan analysis
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 117-118)