How have deployments during the war on terrorism affected reenlistment?
The military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan have been the United States' longest military engagements since the Vietnam War and the most severe test of the all-volunteer force, with the possible exception of the Gulf War in 1991. More than 1.5 million service members were deployed between 2...
Santa Monica, CA
|Series:||Rand Corporation monograph series
|Collection:||JSTOR Open Access Books - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 149-151)
- Background and review of selected literature
- Modeling deployment and reenlistment
- Data sources and analysis samples
- Econometric model
- Empirical results using survey data
- Empirical results using administrative data
- The role of reenlistment bonuses in sustaining retention