The end of automobile dependence
In this publication, Newman and Kenworthy look at how we can accelerate a planning approach to designing urban environments that can function reliably and conveniently on alternative modes. They consider a refined and more civilized automobile playing a very much reduced and manageable role in urban...
Island Press/Center for Resource Economics
|Edition:||1st ed. 2015|
|Collection:||Springer eBooks 2005- - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- Urban Transportation Patterns and Trends in Global Cities
- 3: Emerging Cities and Automobile Dependence..-4: The Theory of Urban Fabrics: Understanding the End of Automobile Dependence
- 5: Transportation Planning: Hindrance or Help?
- 6: Overcoming Barriers to the End of Automobile Dependence
- 7: The End of Automobile Dependence: A Troubling Prognosis?
- 8: Conclusion: Life after Automobile Dependence