Human rights and the unborn child
Martinus Nijhoff Publishers
|Series:||Nijhoff eBook titles 2009
|Collection:||Brill Nijhoff E-Books Collections 2009-2014 - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- analysis of the texts
- UDHR recognition of the child before birth : the historical context
- Fundamentals of the universal declaration's human rights protection
- The inaugural human right : to be born free and equal
- What is "appropriate" legal protection before as well as after birth?
- The right to life and to the necessities of life
- Decriminalization : a treaty interpretation manifestly unreasonable
- CRC legislative history and the child before birth
- Selective abortion on grounds of disability
- European Convention (1950) and the unborn child
- American Convention on Human Rights : " ...in general, from the moment of conception"
- Reclaiming rights of the African child at risk of abortion
- Selective abortion : an act of violence and discrimination on grounds of sex
- Children's rights : " ...without any exceptions whatsoever"
- Ideologies must conform to human rights, not human rights to ideologies
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -338) and index