Matrix Isolation Spectroscopy
The matrix isolation (MI) method has now been used for nearly thirty years. During this period it has been actively developed and the range of problems tackled greatly extended. Originally it was used for studies of transient species involv ing vibrational, electronic and ESR spectroscopy. Nowadays...
|Other Authors:||, , ,|
|Edition:||1st ed. 1981|
|Series:||Nato Science Series C:, Mathematical and Physical Sciences
|Collection:||Springer Book Archives -2004 - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- 1. The history of matrix isolation spectroscopy.
- Section A - Techniques
- 2. Infrared and Raman matrix isolation spectroscopy.
- 3. Electronic spectroscopy of matrix isolated solutes.
- 4. Magnetic circular dichroism - matrix isolation spectroscopy.
- 5. Electron spin resonance studies of radicals trapped in rare-gas matrices.
- 6. Mössbauer spectroscopy on matrix-isolated species
- 7. Time and frequency resolved vibrational spectroscopy of matrix isolated molecules: Population and phase relaxation processes.
- 8. Stable molecules.
- 9. Generation and trapping of unstable solutes in low temperature matrices.
- 10. The characterisation of high temperature molecules using matrix isolation and vibrational spectroscopy.
- 11. High pressure studies.
- 12. Non-traditional matrix isolation: adducts.
- Section B - Matrix Effects
- 13. Interpretation of infrared and Raman spectra of trapped molecular impurities from interaction potential calculations.
- 14. Matrix induced changes in the electronic spectra of isolated atoms and molecules.
- 15. Matrix effects studied by electron spin resonance spectroscopy.
- 16. Molecular motion in matrices.
- 17. Vibrational band intensities in matrices.
- Section C - Applications
- 18. Matrix isolation spectroscopy of metal atoms and small clusters.
- 19. Vibrational spectra of matrix isolated gaseous ternary oxides.
- 20. Matrix isolation spectra (IR, Raman) of transition metal compounds.
- 21. Metal carbonyls - structure, photochemistry, and IR lasers.
- 22. Matrix isolation vibrational spectroscopy on organic molecules.
- 23. Conformational isomerism studied by matrix isolation vibrational spectroscopy.
- 24. Hydrogen bonding in matrices.
- Author Index