An Introduction to the Theory of Multipliers
When I first considered writing a book about multipliers, it was my intention to produce a moderate sized monograph which covered the theory as a whole and which would be accessible and readable to anyone with a basic knowledge of functional and harmonic analysis. I soon realized, however, that such...
Springer Berlin Heidelberg
|Edition:||1st ed. 1971|
|Series:||Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, A Series of Comprehensive Studies in Mathematics
|Collection:||Springer Book Archives -2004 - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- 0. Prologue: The Multipliers for L1(G)
- 0.0. Introduction
- 0.1. Multipliers for L1(G)
- 0.2. Notation
- 0.3. Notes
- 1. The General Theory of Multipliers
- 1.0. Introduction
- 1.1. Elementary Theory of Multipliers
- 1.2. Characterizations of Multipliers
- 1.3. An Application: Multiplications which Preserve the Regular Maximal Ideals
- 1.4. Maximal Ideal Spaces
- 1.5. Integral Representations of Multipliers
- 1.6. Isometric Multipliers
- 1.7. Multipliers and Dual Spaces
- 1.8. The Derived Algebra
- 1.9. The Derived Algebra for Lp(G), 1? p M(Lp(G), Lq(G)), l?p, q??
- 5.5. Some Results Concerning Lp(G) and M(Lp(G), Lq(G))
- 5.6. M(Lp(G), Lq(G)) as a Dual Space, 1?p, q??
- 5.7. Multipliers with Small Support
- 5.8. Notes
- 6. The Multipliers for Functions with Fourier Transforms in Lp (?)
- 6.0. Introduction
- 6.1. The Banach Algebras Ap(G)
- 6.2. The Multipliers for Ap(G) as Pseudomeasures
- 6.3. The Multipliers for Ap(G): G Noncompact
- 6.4. The Multipliers for Ap(G): G Compact
- 6.5. Notes
- 7. The Multipliers for the Pair (Hp(G), Hq (G)), 1?p, q??
- 7.0. Introduction
- 7.1. General Properties of M(Hp(G), Hq (G)), 1?p, q??
- 7.2. The Multipliers for the Pair (Hp(G), Hq (G)), 1?q?2?p??
- 7.3. The Multipliers for the Pair (Hp(G), H?(G)), 1?p??
- 7.4. Notes
- Appendix A: Topology
- Appendix B: Topological Groups
- Appendix C: Measure and Integration
- Appendix D: Functional Analysis
- Appendix E: Banach Algebras
- Appendix F: Harmonic Analysis
- Author and Subject Index