Forces of Nature and Cultural Responses
How do and how did people perceive, manage and respond to natural disasters? How are the causes of natural disasters explained in history, how are they explained today? This volume investigates relationships between forces of nature and human culture in a multidisciplinary context bridging science a...
|Collection:||Springer eBooks 2005- - Collection details see MPG.ReNa|
- an introduction
- Ball Lightning: an elusive force of nature
- The ball lightning controversy - Empirical case studies
- How does a series of earthquakes affect academic performance?
- Vulnerability and disaster in Thailand: Scale, power, and collaboration in post-tsunami recovery
- Disaster in paradise: a preliminary investigation of the socio-economic aftermaths of two coastal disasters in Hawaii
- Responses to natural disasters in the Greek and Roman world
- Provisioning capacity: a critical component of vulnerability and resilience under chronic volcanic eruptions
- Jamming with disaster: New Orleans jazz in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina
- Two floods compared: Response to and perception of the 1682 and 1715 flooding disasters in the Low Countries